1) How do I submit a sample to SGS
Download the Sample Submission Form and send the sample via courier to the designated lab.
2) When should I send my sample to SGS?
Seed samples should be submitted post harvest, after cleaning/processing and just prior to planting. Soil, tissue, feed, ingredient, water and companion animal samples are to be submitted on demand, with awareness there is no weekend courier delivery.
3) What volume of sample is required for testing?
For most sample types, refer to the sample submission form.
For seed products we recommend the following. Cereals: 250 grams / Corn, Soybean & Pea: 500 grams / Grasses & Legumes: 150-200 grams / Pedigreed Seed Grade (Cereals & Pulses): 5.0 kgs / REGAL Phytosanitary Certificate: 1.0 kg
For Soil, Forage, Feed, Plant Tissue and Water: 2 cups
4) What is a typical turn around for tests?
As each test is unique, please contact the local SGS lab for information.
5) How does SGS send me the test results?
You can access your results in our online software CONNECT SGS or Qlab. We also offer to email test results.
6) How do I contact client services or follow up on the test status?
There are many ways to reach us! Email CA.email@example.com. Call 1.800.952.5407 (Sherwood Park) / 1.800.837.1600 (Guelph) / 1.877.532.8889 (Grande Prairie). Text 1.587.801.1313.